Woman’s bodily injury case against Conor McGregor won’t go until 2022 due to CCTV glitch

0

The woman’s bodily injury case against Conor McGregor is unlikely to go until next year due to issues with the CCTV footage.

The state is asking for more time to compile CCTV footage that should be used as evidence in the High Court case – which is due to be heard for the first time on Monday.

It is understood that Gardai has a significant record of evidence compiled from a previous criminal investigation into the woman’s allegations against the UFC star – and the issue that is expected to cause the delay now focuses on that.

The evidence was sought on the grounds that it could contain footage of an alleged incident that occurred at a hotel in 2018, but it is understood the state wants more time to reduce the amount of footage available for clips relevant to the case.

The woman files a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Crumlin native – alleging personal damage resulting from the alleged incident, which is no longer the subject of a Garda investigation.

The civil case is due to be heard on Monday, November 1 for the first time – although sources say the rest are not expected to happen until the New Year.

Sources say the mountain of complex cases need to be combed through, so the case is not expected to get off to a good start until February at the earliest.

The woman claims she lost her current and future income – and had to leave home and leave the area.

In January, Mr McGregor dismissed the woman’s allegations as “old news” and said he had been cleared of any wrongdoing.

“You know, this is old news. It was thoroughly investigated over two long years and I was cleared of any wrongdoing and that’s it, ”he said.

A previous statement from Karen J. Kessler, spokesperson for the UFC fighter, also said: From footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations have been flatly dismissed.

“Mr. McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail. “

We previously revealed how the woman, whose mother is also bringing a civil action against Mr. McGregor, is not seeking a settlement.

Sources also said the woman could be awarded far more than her claim – for what she says is “aggravated pain and suffering” caused by her bodily injuries – as well as punitive damages – if she wins her claim. trial.

A jury can award the woman whatever sum she wants if she wins her case – sources claiming it could amount to several million euros, around 2 million euros.

Sign up for the Dublin Live newsletter for all the latest news from Dublin.


Source link

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply