Work location: Glasgow city center
Type of contract: CDI, 35 hours
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a Personal Injury Lawyer to join our busy Personal Injury Department. Applicants must be qualified lawyers with 3-5 years of post-qualification experience. You should have experience dealing with personal injury cases, including cases in the Sheriff Courts and the All Scotland Sheriff Personal Injury Court. Preferred candidates will have experience of acting on behalf of prosecutors, but this is not essential as training will be provided. Experience in handling cases litigated before the Court of Session would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate is client-focused, proactive with a positive attitude and a flexible approach. They will have a strong team spirit with a caring and compassionate nature, adept at dealing with emotional and sensitive issues.
The role on this growing team will be to advance personal injury claims for prosecutors. This will involve pre-litigation work and litigation in the Sheriff Courts and the All Scotland Sheriff Personal Injury Court.
You will work individually and as part of a team to meet the broader needs of the department and the business as a whole. You must be able to work independently, with support from other qualified and unqualified colleagues. You will have the opportunity to help train less experienced and unskilled colleagues.
You must be comfortable providing practical and legal advice to clients. You will need to undertake advocacy activities and give instructions to a lawyer.
You will have the opportunity to handle a variety of personal injury client cases, including motor vehicle accident claims, workers’ compensation claims, occupiers’ liability claims, and clinical and medical negligence claims .
The role presents an opportunity for the right candidate to grow personally and professionally within the company and achieve promotion.
Jones Whyte LLP is a young, dynamic and forward-thinking firm. We invest in our people and provide training and development well beyond the prescribed professional requirements. As we grow, we encourage our employees to grow with us and provide opportunities to work on corporate projects.
We work with our employees to continually improve our processes, technology and practices to ensure staff are supported and customers receive the best service. Our Glasgow city center office offers a modern working environment. . We also offer flexible working hours to allow for a better work-life balance.
In addition, all of our employees benefit from competitive salaries, bonuses, company referrals, vacation buy/sell and loyalty programs.
The successful candidate will be:
- 3 to 5 years of PQE
- Experienced in the handling and progression of personal injury cases
- Experienced in the handling of pre-litigation and litigation cases before the tribunal de grande instance and the ASSPIC
- experienced advocate with strong advocacy skills
- familiar with legal practice and procedures
- knowledgeable in personal injury law and able to interpret legislation and case law
- A good communicator with good organizational skills
- Compassionate and empathetic with good customer management skills
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- A good time manager and able to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- a hardworking team player with a positive attitude
- computer proficient
- Business-minded and focused on achieving key performance indicators and targets
Company Benefits and Advantages
- Competitive salary
- 20 vacation days plus 11 public holidays. Closed at Christmas and New Year.
- Vacation Loyalty Program: Earn 5 extra vacation days.
- Buy and sell up to 3 holidays each year
- Company bonus program
- Hybrid work
- Well-being support
- Consulting service
- Quarterly evenings/team days
- Annual company day
- Corporate Sponsorship Program
To apply for this position, please click on the link below to be redirected to our website