A woman who files a multi-million dollar personal injury lawsuit against Conor McGregor is asking Gardai to turn everything over from her initial criminal investigation.
The woman has formally requested through her legal team to have the investigation file from the Garda investigation into her allegations against the MMA star following an alleged incident in 2018, including CCTV and witness statements.
McGregor was questioned by officers at the time, but denied all allegations of wrongdoing.
The woman files a civil action against the star in the High Court.
In 2018, Gardai investigated the woman’s allegations and ultimately a case was passed to the DPP, who ultimately decided not to charge McGregor.
The woman claims that she lost her current and future income and had to leave home and leave the area.
The woman’s lawyers declined to comment.
In January, McGregor dismissed the woman’s claims, saying, âYou know, that’s old news. It was fully investigated over two long years and I was cleared of any wrongdoing and that was it.
A previous statement from McGregor’s spokeswoman Karen J Kessler also said: âAfter an exhaustive investigation by the Gardai which, in addition to interviews with the complainant, included: interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witness statements , examining closed-circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were
âMr. McGregor will contest any claims and is confident that justice will prevail. “
The star previously revealed how the woman, whose mother is also
bringing a civil action against McGregor, not seeking a settlement.
Sources also said The star that the woman could be rewarded away
in addition to her claim, for what she says is “aggravated pain and suffering” caused by her bodily injuries, as well as punitive damages, if she is successful.
A court can award the woman any sum it deems appropriate if she wins her case, sources claiming it could amount to around â¬ 2million.
Mr. McGregor has had several run-ins with the law – in Ireland and America.
In November 2018, he was sentenced to a six-month driving ban and a fine of â¬ 1,000 for traffic violations in Co Kildare.
And in November 2019, he was fined â¬ 100 after admitting to punching a man in a pub in Drimnagh, south Dublin.
The incident occurred on April 6, three days after Miami prosecutors dropped a case against an alleged
victim, who told police McGregor grabbed his phone and stamped it.
On April 3, two weeks after making an affidavit, lawyers for Ahmed Abdirzak told prosecutors that their client had withdrawn his claims.
Abdirzak, who settled a civil case against Mr McGregor, said he believed the Dubliner did not seek to damage his property or injure him. And in early 2018, McGregor pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in New York City following a fight at a UFC press event.
Sign up for the Dublin Live last minute newsletter by simply entering your email address here
The FREE email will land in your inbox every day. Whether it’s traffic and travel, news or crime – this newsletter will have you covered.